Sunday, December 13, 2015

FRANCE AND AMERICA - UNITED BY PAIN THIS CHRISTMAS





America shares the same aching heart as France. Two most beautiful countries in the world are now joined in the tragic sorrow of having the upcoming holidays overshadowed by deep pain.

                                                Paris Massacre: At Least 128 Die In Attacks

 But we will not bow to evil. We are determined that we shall go on and celebrate this time of the One and only Lord's birth this holiday season.

If I were somehow able to spend Christmas in Paris I would not spend the time in sight-seeing or shopping. I would spend the precious time spreading hope.

Recently, in both nations, groups of people enjoying recreational time were suddenly surprised by bloody attacks driven by an unnatural ideology. Paris and San Bernardino are healing from their gaping wounds. But they will not forget. They will not stop trying to ferret out the evildoers. Even if it takes until next Christmas. Or every Christmas hereafter

                         San Bernardino Shooting              San Bernardino Shooting Suspect

The threat of terror will not erase my desire to return to Paris! I will not allow deranged individuals masquerading under the guise of an insatiably-devouring-mock-religious label to stop my trek to the most beautiful city in the world.

For those criminal, psychotic minds to savage the beauty of my beloved Paris is a hideous ravishment. To put their bloodied hands on the Loveliest Lady of Light - the City Paris - is like the worst horrible nightmare. Now they have gone too far!


People will go about their normal lives without fear! The terrorists will not achieve their goal! Their  ultimate in foolish effrontery will be foiled.


Is it only history scholars who realize that a few hundred thousand invading hordes took over both the Byzantine and Persian empires within the space of twenty years in the 700's? Invaders often subjugate a land through quiet conquest, especially if the natives offer little or no resistance.


Sadly, the memory of 9/11 is but a dim shadow in the memory of many Americans. Laid back, apathetic American citizens have not even reacted as forcefully as the French. Do we say "I am American"?  as the French have said "Je suis Charlie" ?   No. It is time for us to wake up!



Now mindfully aware, Paris will go on. The City of Light cannot be besmirched or darkened by an unjust philosophy of attack.



I will personally take every opportunity given me to return to Paris again and again!



 I will go and visit Bataclan Concert Hall, the cafes Le Petit Cambodge, Cafe Bonne Bierre, La Belle Equipe Bar, Le Carrillion Bar, Le Comptoire Voltaire, and Le Stade France.



                   Paris Attacks - What Happened



 Not for entertainment nor sight-seeing. Rather, I would commemorate the victims who were simply out that night in a free country. They should have been able to take an enjoyable respite from the work week, as people everywhere like to do. I will pray for the families of these victims. But I pray most of all that neither Paris nor America will ever have to suffer these atrocities again!

Having tasted her honeyed sweetness last May, Paris's fragrance lingers in my senses. The most unbelievable experience of my life in recent memory was to set my feet on French soil. That soil will not be muddied by evil demons masquerading as men - if my prayers are heard in the highest of heavens!

From the time I was a toddler I dreamed of the beauties of Paris. God Himself put that love of Paris in my soul.

Even though I am not a native French person, I will continually tout the breathtaking beauties of Paris. If you are a writer, an artist, a chef, or a creative person of any depth, you will not fail to fall in love with the creative atmosphere of this most splendid place, no matter in what era you live.

My dream of peeking through Paris shop windows at Christmas, while my boots make footprints in the snow, will someday come true!

No terrorist will torment me, nor tell me that I cannot visit the loveliest landscape on Earth.

Perhaps the inhabitants of France and of America will take time out from either their mourning or their holiday celebrations to devote worship to that Babe-in-a-manger who became the Savior of all mankind.

May peace light your holiday season San Bernardino.

May a blanket of peace like white, cleansing, falling snow envelope Paris this Christmas. Let her light shine forever from the church tops as the Bells of Christmas ring, reminding us that hope, love and beauty still live on!


CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO HEAR MOST BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS CAROL!

           Cantique de Noel Placido Domingo

No comments:

Post a Comment